By Dave Parkes,Geoff Walton
- Explores the influence of the social and technological points of internet 2.0 on libraries and library services
- Draws on empirical research
- Experienced practitioners
Read Online or Download Web 2.0 and Libraries: Impacts, Technologies and Trends (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar library & information science books
This crucial quantity by way of one of many major students within the box examines and discusses how library execs can meet the calls for of coverage makers to open up the general public library procedure with out destroying its values. according to a severe literature evaluate, a survey of library pros and consultations with different stakeholders, the booklet discusses the demanding situations interested by offering a carrier that prioritizes fairness and social inclusion whereas even as trying to advertise and retain caliber, excellence and moral criteria.
Libraries, Human Rights, and Social Justice: allowing entry and selling Inclusion examines the interrelationships among electronic literacy, electronic inclusion, and public coverage, emphasizing the affects of those coverage judgements at the skill of people and groups to effectively perform the knowledge society.
Using museum collections as a route to studying for collage scholars is quickly changing into a brand new pedagogy for greater schooling. regardless of a powerful culture of utilizing lectures as a fashion of providing the curriculum, the confident advantages of ’active’ and ’experiential studying’ are being acknowledged in universities at either a strategic point and in day-by-day instructing perform.
The present monetary and on-going ecological crises have taught us that with no useful knowledge, enterprise, organizations and management can't be sustainable. in keeping with this case, the guide of functional knowledge offers a significantly trained knowing of clever practices, contributing to extra integrative organizational and management experiences and perform.
- Library 3.0: Intelligent Libraries and Apomediation (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Making the Most of Your Library Career
- The Collection's at the Core: Revitalize Your Library with Innovative Resources for the Common Core and STEM
- Media Skills for Middle Schools: Strategies for Library Media Specialists and Teachers (Library and Information Problem-Solving Skills Series)
- Building a Digital Repository Program with Limited Resources (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Teaching Economic Concepts with Picture Books and Junior Novels
Extra info for Web 2.0 and Libraries: Impacts, Technologies and Trends (Chandos Information Professional Series)