By L.M. Sutter
Read Online or Download Arlie Latham: A Baseball Biography of the Freshest Man on Earth PDF
Best baseball books
Studying Will and Dena notice: • Will, the woodsman and baseball superstar • Dena, the bright and gorgeous co-ed • What occurs while their love is forbidden • The havoc brought by way of the KKK • Will, the yankee solider • Will's and soldier-friends' response to basic Almond: o “…I don’t wish you, I didn’t ship for you…” o “…I’ll see that you just undergo your proportion of casualties.
In What It skill to Be a White Sox, a veritable dugout jam-packed with South facet stars - together with Luis Aparicio, Ozzie Guillen, Billy Pierce, Mark Buehrle, A. J. Pierzynski, Minnie Minoso, and Frank Thomas bear in mind their favourite thoughts from their Sox taking part in days and what it intended to them to play for the crew in addition to perception into their reviews whereas being at the crew.
Invoice Lajoie simply had it. while it got here to drafting ballplayers and construction an international sequence membership, few in baseball heritage can fit his striking good fortune. the teachings of Lajoie’s illustrious occupation and the brilliance of his philosophy are placed to print in personality isn't a Statistic. After a enjoying profession that fell achingly in need of the foremost leagues, Lajoie again to Detroit to develop into a instructor within the mid-1960s.
From pioneering superstars like Tris Speaker and Rogers Hornsby and Negro League standouts Smokey Joe Williams and Willie good to present-day luminaries like Nolan Ryan, Texas has performed a very important function within the evolution of the nationwide hobby. The Lone big name love of baseball stretches again to the Civil battle.
- Nolan Ryan: The Making of a Pitcher
- Pawtucket Red Sox, The (Images of Baseball)
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told)
- The New York Yankees 1936–39: Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, and Baseball's Greatest Dynasty
- Mexican American Baseball in the Alamo Region (Images of Baseball)
- Early Black Baseball in Minnesota: The St. Paul Gophers, Minneapolis Keystones and Other Barnstorming Teams of the Deadball Era
Extra resources for Arlie Latham: A Baseball Biography of the Freshest Man on Earth