By Lina Bountouri
Archives within the electronic Age: criteria, regulations and Tools discusses semantic net applied sciences and their elevated utilization in dispensing archival fabric. The ebook is an invaluable handbook for archivists and knowledge experts operating in cultural historical past associations, together with data, libraries, and museums, supplying specified analyses of ways metadata and criteria are used to regulate archival fabric, and the way this fabric is disseminated in the course of the net utilizing the web, the semantic internet, and social media technologies.
Following an advent from the writer, the e-book is split into 5 sections that discover archival description, digitization, the protection of data, the merchandising of archival fabric via social media, and present traits in archival science.
- Addresses crucial concerns in the archival group, overlaying present traits and the way forward for archival science
- Presents an unique viewpoint at the use of social media by means of archival institutions
- Provides cutting edge, interdisciplinary learn that comes with information and knowledge management
- Discusses the dissemination of archival fabric utilizing semantic internet technologies
Read or Download Archives in the Digital Age: Standards, Policies and Tools (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar library & information science books
This significant quantity through one of many best students within the box examines and discusses how library pros can meet the calls for of coverage makers to open up the general public library process with no destroying its values. in keeping with a serious literature assessment, a survey of library execs and consultations with different stakeholders, the publication discusses the demanding situations enthusiastic about delivering a provider that prioritizes fairness and social inclusion whereas even as trying to advertise and hold caliber, excellence and moral criteria.
Libraries, Human Rights, and Social Justice: permitting entry and selling Inclusion examines the interrelationships among electronic literacy, electronic inclusion, and public coverage, emphasizing the affects of those coverage judgements at the skill of people and groups to effectively perform the knowledge society.
Using museum collections as a route to studying for college scholars is speedy changing into a brand new pedagogy for better schooling. regardless of a powerful culture of utilizing lectures as a manner of providing the curriculum, the confident advantages of ’active’ and ’experiential studying’ are being acknowledged in universities at either a strategic point and in day-by-day instructing perform.
The present monetary and on-going ecological crises have taught us that with no functional knowledge, enterprise, corporations and management can't be sustainable. based on this case, the instruction manual of functional knowledge provides a seriously trained figuring out of clever practices, contributing to extra integrative organizational and management reports and perform.
- Tips and Tricks for Web Site Managers (Tips & Tricks S)
- Assessing Information Needs: Tools, Techniques and Concepts for the Internet Age (Aslib Know How Guides)
- Tales with Tails: Storytelling the Wonders of the Natural World
- Paper to Digital: Documents in the Information Age
- Les débats du numérique (Territoires numériques) (French Edition)
Additional resources for Archives in the Digital Age: Standards, Policies and Tools (Chandos Information Professional Series)