By Mary M. Keys
Read Online or Download Aquinas, Aristotle, and the Promise of the Common Good PDF
Best political philosophy books
Is Marxism a mirrored image of the conceptual approach it fights opposed to, instead of a really accomplished method of human historical past? Drawing on fresh paintings in anthropology, background, and philosophy, Donald Donham confronts this challenge in interpreting a notably diversified social order: the previous Maale state of southern Ethiopia.
In an international of turning into William E. Connolly outlines a political philosophy suited for an international whose powers of inventive evolution comprise and exceed the human property. this can be a global composed of a number of interacting structures, together with these of weather swap, organic evolution, monetary practices, and geological formations.
Kasper Lippert-Rasmussen tackles the entire significant questions relating success egalitarianism, delivering deep, penetrating and unique dialogue of fresh educational discourses on distributive justice in addition to responses to a few of the most objections within the literature. It deals a brand new solution to the "Why equality?
First released in 1908, this ebook takes the shape of a dialogue among Henry Martin- a professor, Charles Stuart- a banker, and Sir John Harington- a gentleman of relaxation, on politics and civilisation. The audio system speak about many themes starting from sorts of society (such as oligarchy or democracy), to the establishment of marriage, to the need of presidency.
- Economic Thought and Institutional Change in France and Italy, 1789–1914: A Comparative Study
- The Legal Theory of Carl Schmitt
- Hydropolitics, Interest Groups and Governance: The Case of the Proposed Epupa Dam (SpringerBriefs in Environmental Science)
- End of Days: 9/11 and the War on Faith
- Communication Campaigns and National Integration in China’s Market Economy Era: Reviving the National Soul
- Deliberative Politics: Essays on Democracy and Disagreement (Practical and Professional Ethics)
Extra info for Aquinas, Aristotle, and the Promise of the Common Good