By Robert L. Reymond
A modern, foundational assertion of vintage reformed religion, now revised and updated.
- Comprehensive, coherent, contextual, and conversational
- Scripture-saturated, with extra exegesis and extra Scripture quotations than different one-volume theologies
- Upholds vintage Calvinist positions on baptism, the Trinity, church govt, and masses more
- Interacts with modern matters and the paintings of alternative theologians
- Reveals the author's heat and sensitivity born of greater than 25 years as a professor at major Reformed seminaries
- Numerous appendices overlaying targeted themes; ample assets for additional examine via footnotes, and a selective bibliography
- A textbook for theology scholars, a life-long reference for libraries, ministers, academics, theologians
Read or Download A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated PDF
Best christian theology books
There are actually tens of hundreds of thousands of Christian denominations on the earth at the present time. A customer to a regular urban will locate church buildings scattered all around the panorama, all with diverse names and doctrinal ideals, each one proclaiming to the area simply how divided Christians actually are. who're these humans attending all these different church buildings, those you cross through in your option to your church?
Indicates how economics capabilities because the dominant faith in the US this present day during this provocative e-book Scott Gustafson argues that economics capabilities in our present worldwide tradition as religions have functioned in different cultures. He describes and analyzes the rituals, pilgrimage websites, myths, prophets, sacraments, and project of Economics to teach how the economic system is our de facto God.
This ebook explores the doctrine of ascension, and Barth's ascension idea specifically. First, it examines the doctrine of Jesus Christ's ascension into heaven, offering a sustained dialogue of Karl Barth's method of this doctrine and the importance of the doctrine inside of his theology as a complete.
“In the biblical drama of the residing God’s works in construction and redemption,” writes Cornelis Venema, “no subject matter is extra lustrous than that of God’s gracious goal to get pleasure from communion with people who endure his picture and whose lives were damaged via sin. ”This selection of Venema’s essays summarizes and defends a huge consensus view of the doctrine of the covenants within the background of Reformed theology and clarifies numerous components of dispute.
- Reinventing Jesus
- Between Two Rivers: A Memoir of Christian Social Action and Ethics
- Seek the Peace of the City: Christian Political Criticism as Public, Realist, and Transformative (Theopolitical Visions Book 5)
- Introduction to a Missional spirituality
- Theosis in the Theology of Thomas Torrance (Routledge New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
- C. S. Lewis: Anti-Darwinist: A Careful Examination of the Development of His Views on Darwinism
Extra info for A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated