By Thomas K. Hubbard
A significant other to Greek and Roman Sexualities provides a accomplished number of unique essays with regards to facets of gender and sexuality within the classical world.
- Views a few of the practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in every one bankruptcy, with sensitivity to the continuities and ameliorations among the 2 classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical impression at the realizing of later a while and religion
- Covers creative and literary genres, a number of social environments of sexual behavior, and the technical disciplines of drugs, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from greater than forty most sensible foreign scholars
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar psychology of sexuality books
The final 20 years have witnessed an explosion of study on sexuality because the social sciences have labored to discover new methods of realizing a speedily altering international. growing to be crisis for concerns reminiscent of inhabitants, women's and men's reproductive health and wellbeing, and the HIV and AIDS pandemic, has considering supplied new legitimacy for paintings on sexuality, wellbeing and fitness and rights.
Afirmando que sexo e amor são dois impulsos autônomos, Gikovate sublinha a associação entre sexualidade e agressividade. Também mostra que desejo e excitação são bem distintos: o primeiro é elitista, baseado na sociedade de consumo; a segunda constitui um prazer democrático. Assim, o autor propõe que reconsideremos a louvação atual do desejo, já que ele está a serviço da preservação do egoísmo e da imaturidade emocional.
In accordance with large scientific adventure, this e-book presents authoritative advice and useful instruments in a tough quarter for baby psychological wellbeing and fitness execs. The authors clarify the numerous attainable motives of challenge sexual behaviors and reveal evaluate and therapy approaches which were proven to paintings with four- to 11-year-olds and their households.
Knapp hundert Jahre nach Freuds »Drei Abhandlungen zur Sexualtheorie« ist das Thema Sexualität des Kindes heute kaum weniger aktuell und wird nach wie vor sehr kontrovers diskutiert. Wenn Kinder im Vorschulalter unter Ausschluss einer erwachsenen Öffentlichkeit die Neugier und sexuelle Lust an ihrem Körper entdecken, wissen Eltern und Erwachsene allzu oft nicht, wie sie damit umgehen sollen.
- Mastering Women: Real Truth About Women That Will Change Your Life Forever. (DT4M, Dating Tips for Men. Book 2)
- Pain is my Pleasure
- Horny and Hormonal: Young People, Sex and the Anxieties of Sexuality
- The War on Sex: Western Repression from the Torah to Victoria
Additional info for A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)